We all know the feeling of sitting in a waiting room and filling out endless amounts of paperwork.
Everything is going smoothly until you get to the dreaded question of occupation. For me, it has been 3.5 years since I have had a solid, clear cut answer to this question. But for some, only putting down your profession doesn’t seem like enough–shouldn’t they know that you can do so much more now?
I find cute ways to answer now that I’m a mom and I stay home with my kids. But it never fails to seem like a punch in the gut–despite me loving being home with my kids.
Whether you are a stay at home mom or a working mom, we all have skills that we can now add to our resume that only motherhood could attribute to us.
These are a few accurate, humorous, and incredibly true bullet points that I can now successfully add to my ‘mom resume’ in no certain order:
- Degrees in:
- Meditation, Anger Counseling, and Just Winging It
- Expertise in re-rolling toilet paper that has been pulled all the way off…
- Food Producer
- Milk production
- Preparing bottles — always warm and tastes just right
- Expert shopping cart driver throughout all Costcos and Targets
- Professional Butt Wiper
- Skilled coffee reheater
- Able to pull 24-hour shifts with no sleep or breaks required
- Excels in Multitasking
- Can feed a human while doing everything else.
- Able to pump while answering Emails
- Quick at deducing information
- Poop versus chocolate…
- Who colored all over everything
- Which one has the dirty diaper
- Your kid’s cry versus another’s
- Proficient in ordering food
- Online grocery shopping
- Can quickly pick-up & drop-off children of all ages to different places
- Hostage negotiation skills honed in hundreds of hours of bedtime routines
- Can handle many conversations at once
- Strong in serving others from sun up to sun down
- Consoling over injuries, frustrations, and disappointments