I have been seeking my “fight” for the past eight years, which just happens to coincide when my first son was born. I’ve tried many methods: training for runs, random fitness classes, following Whole 30 (usually for 14 days or so) and going to the gym on my own.
The list goes on… until recently. In January, I tried the Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping’s 10-Week Fitness Challenge. My main goal at Farrell’s was to increase my strength and tone my muscles. I wanted some definition back after having my babies!
I knew I needed a major shift in my habits, so I committed to the 5:15 am class. This was a huge step for me. I have been trying to start my day earlier for years. I’ve tried to prod myself go to the gym on my own super early. But I hit snooze again and again.
Day One at Farrell’s was a huge motivator for me!
My biggest fear had been whether I would be able to show up early in the mornings. At the initial session, the team at Farrell’s took a before photo, measurements, weight, and body fat percentage. I did a push-up test, a sit-up test, sit and reach (flashbacks to gym class in elementary school!) and ran a mile for time. I also got a specific goal for protein and carbohydrates (based on my body composition) to eat at each of the six meals per day. YES—I got to eat and fuel my body well on this program!
One word: EFFECTIVE.
The classes are 45 minutes, and I have been amazed at how much of a workout the instructors fit into that short time. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are Kickboxing days. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays are strength training days.
- Kickboxing: It wasn’t nearly as intimidating as I was expecting. The instructors are patient and kind, and they truly helped me learn the techniques. The 10-week program layers skills, so week one started with simple punches and kicks. Once we learned the skills, new ones were added progressively. And honestly, my favorite part of kickboxing is really letting off some steam on the bag. As a mom, I tend to carry the weight of everyone else, and it has felt so good to release some of that stress on a punching bag!
- Strength Training: Resistance bands are a whole new level of hard after this program. I have never had muscle tone and definition like I do since starting with Farrell’s. I believe it has a lot to do with the resistance bands. The bands provide negative resistance, so I felt like I was working my muscles double time. The sets are quick because the bands are faster to change out than a bar with weights, so we accomplished more in a short workout.
This might be the biggest factor of success for Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping.
The people that are part of this family are incredible. Many of the fitness instructors have had their own personal (amazing) results, which make them passionate about helping others! The FIT (Farrell’s Infinite Transformation) members who have already completed the 10-week program are cheerleaders for the new 10-week group and really add to the positive environment.
All of the 10-weekers are assigned a coach at the beginning of the program. This person motivated our group with weekly text messages of encouragement, helped with our form and technique during class and also helped with nutrition. This dynamic built a strong connection within our group, and we were all so excited to see everyone’s results. Speaking of results…
I found my fight!
This mama has been getting up early and feeling amazing and more confident. I’ve been a better mom during the day to my kids, a better business owner and teammate, a more productive wife.
And, my results were impressive. I lost 2.8% body fat in 10 weeks! I can see so much more definition in my legs, abs and arms, and my clothes are fitting great. And I met my goal of getting stronger. How do I know? I increased my push-ups from 20 in one minute to 40. Sit-ups went from 19 in one minute to 40. I got faster too—my mile time decreased by over 30 seconds. I’m so thrilled with my results that I am continuing on. I can’t wait to see where I am in 10 more weeks!
For me, Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping has made a major difference.
The value of this program is much more than just a typical membership at a gym, or honestly, even many other boutique fitness programs. With Farrell’s, you join a family and community that truly cares about your results and celebrates you (with a big party at the end of 10 weeks and $1,000 cash to the biggest transformation!).
You get a customized program for your body type and your goals. That includes nutrition recommendations, a coach to help you along, and workouts that flat out get you results. And, there is a subtle (but not annoying) accountability that is embedded into the culture at Farrell’s. That accountability is what made me strive to work harder, do more, and get my fight back!
The next 10-week session starts on Saturday, April 14th. Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping has three convenient locations for you to choose from. Click the location below for additional information and to enroll:
- EAST – 5850 Championship View, Suite 140, Colorado Springs, CO 80922 Phone: (719) 473-3921
- WEST – 4427 Centennial Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80907 Phone: (719) 434-2002
- SOUTH/DOWNTOWN – 3639 Star Ranch Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 Phone: (719) 203-3230
The class times span from 5:15 am to 6:45 pm. You can enroll online or stop in at any location 15 minutes before the class times.