Our #ShopCOS2017 Holiday Shopping Guide is here!
We have had such a fun time putting this list together. This year, we encourage you to shop LOCAL. To take some stress off of your plate and to help you shop small and support the families in our community, Colorado Springs Moms Blog has compiled a holiday gift guide just for you!
Below you will find a list of both physical gifts and also experiences, all from the Colorado Springs area. Be sure to keep an eye on our Facebook page later in November to enter a giveaway to win some of these fantastic gift packages too!
Presented In Partnership With The Promenade Shops at Briargate
The Promenade Shops at Briargate is Colorado Springs’ only upscale outdoor lifestyle center with convenient parking close to stores, full-service and fast‐casual restaurants and stunning views of Pikes Peak. In 2016, the center welcomed several new restaurants and retailers that are newcomers to the Colorado Springs market. Retailers include lululemon, Anthropologie, Charming Charlie, Paper Source and Soft Surroundings. Restaurants include Modern Market and Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar. Evereve, featuring a clothing line designed specifically for mothers, opened in October.
The Promenade Shops at Briargate
The Promenade Shops at Briargate has many fabulous stores to shop at, including Anthropologie. This destination store caters to women wanting a curated mix of clothing, accessories, gifts and home décor that reflects their personal style. For our Holiday Shopping Guide Giveaway, they are providing a $100 Anthropologie Gift Card.
Sparkles & Lace Boutique
Sparkles & Lace Boutique is a Colorado Chic boutique! We offer boutique clothing in sizes Small through Curvy. Our mission is to empower every woman to feel good, look good, and take on her day with confidence! We are most proud of our Hero Collection – geared directly towards the support system of our local heroes – our military community and 1st responders, including firefighters and police. 10% of our collection is donated to our local hero organizations! We’d love for you to visit our boutique anytime Wednesday through Sunday – we are located at 2140 W. Garden of the Gods Rd. in the Willowstone parking lot – look for the 2-story building that looks like a firehouse! Featured Item is a $50 Gift Card.
Sweet Addict Bakery
Sweet Addict Bakery is a local, female owned company specializing in gourmet caramels, marshmallows, brittles & cakes. We started out with our Dutch family recipes in our little condo kitchen and crafted them to perfection so you can now enjoy them in stores across the nation. Our salted caramels were even featured by the Food Network at a special event on Broadway in 2012. Featured item is a gift box that includes 1 lb peanut brittle, 1 lb English toffee, 1/2 lb caramels and an 8 oz jar of caramel sauce. Make someone’s day a little sweeter with a gift from Sweet Addict Bakery!
Sugar Blush Studio
At Sugar Blush Studio we specialize in creating party goods, décor, and gifts; each as unique as you. Our whimsical and modern designs allow you to personalize your piece. We have many seasonal designs to capture every special time of year, and delight in capturing your ideas in a custom commission. Once you’ve chosen one of our products, we’ll meticulously design, create and package your piece so that it arrives quickly and ready to impress.
The Honey Cottage
Raw honey made by Mother Nature and her bees from all over the world. Delivered to you from the biggest little honey shop in Old Colorado City. At The Honey Cottage we are more then shop owners; we are beekeepers, educators, and lovers of the bees. At The Honey Cottage we believe everyone should be pampered; even mom’s! In this honey basket we start out with our favorite amazing rabbit brush honey, made by the bees right here in Colorado. This honey is perfect for your oatmeal, yogurt, or tea. Next, we want to help wake you up in the morning with our handcrafted goats milk honey soap with peppermint essential oils. During the day is when sometimes you need a little pick me up; so enjoy the bee-licious honey candies! Last, after a busy day of chasing your kids its time to relax those tired feet with Honey House Naturals bee bar. We have also snuck in a lip butter to keep you all around moisturized. Buzz on by The Honey Cottage and find out what real honey is all about; we do taste testings daily! You will know what your taste buds like before you leave!
This mama bear and baby bear mug is sure to be your new favorite coffee vessel. This adorable duo is an original hand-drawn art piece that has been transferred to this quality white ceramic coffee mug.
Beauty is accessible. It doesn’t just come from the mountaintop but from all the little moments along the way. Everyday Summit artwork is familiar and uplifting. They’re thoughtful drawings that are detailed enough to look real but soft enough to feel approachable. The artwork adds value to people’s lives by bringing a little moment of beauty to the everyday.
Surprise your Secret Santa with gifts from Maurices. There are so many options that she will FaLaLaLa Love! The Hello Deer mug with faux antler handle is perfect for hot chocolate on cold winter nights. She will also enjoy lounging in the knit mule slipper. It features an ultra soft and cozy faux sherpa lining and trim to keep her toes toasty warm. Trinket trays always make a perfect gift. She will like it and most definitely put a ring on it. Finally, help her get her jingle on with a festive baseball style sweatshirt featuring a metallic “Jingle”. While you’re there, check out Maurices’ selection of sweaters, jackets and holiday dresses.
Pier 1 Imports
Create your favorite Christmas ever at Pier 1 Imports with fabulous one-of-a-kind ornaments, inspiring wreaths and trees and unique decorator touches you won’t find anywhere else. Why drive around your neighborhood to look at Christmas lights? With a Light-Up Silver Tree Pillow from Pier 1, you’ll enjoy holiday illumination from the comfort of your own sofa or armchair. Sprinkled with LEDs, it features a hidden zipper and a shapely poly insert. Visit their location at First & Main Town Center for beautiful holiday finds.
The Summit Interquest
The Summit Interquest is a special place for friends and families to have fun bowling and playing laser tag and other games while enjoying delicious food and drink in a welcoming environment. The Summit strives to provide hometown service, lots of smiles, and a genuine experience whether you’re bowling, playing games, or spending time with friends or family that they hope will provide their guests with lasting memories. Give the gift of fun with a Summit Pass Game Card or Gift Card. It is fun that the whole family will enjoy.
This holiday season, treat the ones you love to an indulgent and festive at-home spa experience with a selection of Fizz & Bubbles newly formulated truffles decadently decorated for the holidays. Not only do they fizz, but they also foam and are finished off with moisturizing shea butter. Their exclusive Santa belt-inspired box makes this perfect for gifting. Don’t forget to get yourself a little something too. Satisfy your sweet tooth with Fizz & Bubble’s holiday inspired Naughty & Nice Milkshake containing a dozen mini bath fizzies perfect for gifting! Whether you’re naughty or nice, treat yourself to a luxurious bath that will have you feeling relaxed and restored during the holiday season! They are available only at Ulta Beauty. All things beauty, all in one place.
Bar Louie is a modern eatery made famous for their handcrafted signature martinis. Bar Louie serves freshly made small plates, flatbreads, salads, sandwiches, burgers, sliders and large plates, made daily in scratch kitchens from traditional and regional inspirations. Bar Louie Colorado Springs has 30 draft beer selections that include several local Colorado and regional beers. Bar Louie is open for lunch, happy hour, dinner, and late night dining with full menu available until closing time. A Bar Louie Gift Card makes a perfect stocking stuffer. Let your friends Eat. Drink. And Be Happy.
Envy Nails & Spa
Envy Nails & Spa features natural nail care, nail enhancement, waxing and eyelash extensions. Envy is a full service nail spa with manicures, pedicures and special packages for pampering that special someone. Special packages include complimentary drinks and wine. Pamper her this holiday season with an Envy Nails & Spa gift card.
Great Wolf Lodge
Family fun never ends at Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs. The kid friendly indoor water park resort. Looking for a special gift for your loved ones this year, but want something unique, something they’ll really love? Give the gift of family memories and time together with a gift card to Great Wolf Lodge!
Colorado Mountain Brewery
Colorado Mountain Brewery is a restaurant that focuses on their food as much as their handcrafted brew. Come experience local favorites that not only are paired up expertly with specialty beers but will also satisfy your inner Colorado cravings with Brew Master, Andy Bradley. Give a gift card to Colorado Mountain Brewery for a true taste of Colorado.
“The best seat in town” is at Cinemark with 16 movie theaters and the only 3D state-of-the-art IMAX in the state of Colorado. Upgrade your movie-going experience with Cinemark’s all-new luxury loungers featuring electric powered reclining seats with extendable footrests, cup holders and oversize plush, comfortable seating. Give the gift of movies with a Cinemark Gift Card.
Kangaroo Coffee is not just any coffee stand. They are passionate about their coffee and their community. Their mission is to make a difference in people’s lives one greeting at a time. Coffee is always a great gift and a Kangaroo Coffee gift card is sure to keep your loved ones hoppin’. Be sure to suggest the Peppermint Mocha, a perfect drink for the holidays.
“What’s on YOUR wish list?”
That’s the question we asked our Executive Team and we are so excited to share four of their Wish Lists with you! These are gifts from all over Colorado Springs and appeal to a variety of lucky recipients so your holiday shopping will rock! If you dread coming up with gift ideas every year (for others AND for you), we hope you find our Colorado Springs Wish Lists helpful.
Ashley's Wish List
Gallery 132 —Sideboard/Dresser ($575)
- A brand-new local artisan cooperative in downtown Monument! It’s totally worth a little drive. Check out the jewelry, paintings, metal art and my personal fave: Gorgeous refinished furniture by The JOYful Farmhouse! If I won the lottery, I would hire these furniture wizards to simply outfit my entire home. Each piece in this gallery is locally crafted and I want them all. Too big of a wish list? I think not!
Sugar Rush Candy and Soda Pop Shop—Crunchie Bar ($1.49)
- This little beauty has been in Monument since October 2016. Tucked away in a little strip mall near Safeway, this is a hidden gem. It has the newest candy and old-time candy, as well as sugar-free, gluten-free and vegan options. It’s the only place I can find my brother-in-law’s favorite: Kits. My front runner is the Crunchie Bar, a honeycomb-filled bit of heaven. And I always pick up a few Squirrel Nut Zippers. Best place in town for stocking stuffers, Secret Santa gifts and the like. The shop also has dozens and dozens of varieties of soda, ice cream, fudge and popcorn.
Cacao Chemistry—Salted Caramel Bar ($5)
- The chocolates here are out of this world! Try the salted caramel bar or one of their spicier options. Yummmmmmm… The Tejon Street shop was started in 2014 by a husband and wife team — a chef and an engineer. They buy French chocolate from a member of the World Cocoa Foundation. And their spices come from The Savory Spice Shop across the street. Last year, I bought individually wrapped chocolates as end-of-year teacher gifts. Simple and delicious!
Savory Spice Shop—Kansas City Strip Steak Seasoning ($6.65 for a medium bottle)
- Wonderful little, locally-owned spice shop. They offer all the standards AND a bunch of interesting blends. If you like steak, try the Kansas City Strip Steak Seasoning. When my folks visit from Wisconsin, my stepdad scours the shop for spicy ghost pepper products.
School Crossing & Toy Station—Snap Circuits 3D Illumination ($64.99)
- An amazing locally-owned toy and school supplies store! It moved to a new location this year, but it’s just around the corner on Academy. My kids want pretty much everything in this shop, but on my wish list for them would be Snap Circuits 3D Illumination. We already have a smaller Snap Circuits set and it’s one of the favorites when friends come over.
Erica's Wish List
Haven Yoga Studio — Monthly Yoga Package
- I have never felt as relaxed as I do after a yoga class. I love the small class sizes at Haven. They also provide a trauma-sensitive yoga class with slow, mindful movement and restorative stretching. They are located in downtown Colorado Springs in a darling converted Victorian home.
Mateos Salon and Day Spa — Spa Gift Card
- Mateos is my favorite place in the Springs to enjoy a massage. I recommend the 60-minute relaxation massage with a scalp massage add-on. It’s pure bliss.
Yobel Market — Divine Fair Trade Chocolate
- Chocolate makes everything better. By purchasing Divine Fair Trade chocolate, you help support and empower the cocoa growers and projects such as the construction of new schools and income generating projects to help women support their families when the cocoa season is over. You can find Divine chocolate at Yobel, a global marketplace inspiring awareness, promoting justice.
The Leechpit Records and Vintage — Gift Card
- The Leechpit is hands down one of my favorite stores in the Springs. I especially love their collection of toys from the 80’s and 90’s. Walking through their doors instantly transports me back to my childhood. They also have a huge vinyl collection that I thoroughly enjoy perusing.
Laura's Wish List
Pikes Peak Lemonade—Jalepeno Limeade Concentrate Mix ($10.95)
- I can’t get enough of this stuff! Their Jalepeno Limeade Concentrate is delicious by itself (just add water…Lime La Croix is my favorite combo) or mix with Tequila to create a margarita with a punch. It takes me back to my honeymoon days spent in Santa Fe, New Mexico every time I take a sip. These Concentrates would make a perfect stocking stuffer and are sure to bring a smile to your face, and belly!
COCO Crafted—Gift Certificate ($25)
- Who doesn’t love experience based gifts? From the second you walk in to the cozy and inviting space at COCO Crafted, you feel inspired to do and make. Printed on the wall are the words, “YOU DO YOU”, and COCO offers a space to do just that for crafters and non-crafters alike. With a variety of DIY project kits (including step by step direction cards & materials) for purchase, you can enjoy a date night with your hubby or best friend.
Lady Fingers Letterpress—Colorful Colorado Springs Canvas Tote Bag ($18)
- Ah! I’ve wanted to have my own the first time I laid my eyes on this awesome bag. Made of durable canvas, this bag is the perfect size to carry groceries, books, or extra baby gear. Designed by the owners of our locally-owned and run COS Letterpress, Ladyfingers, this printed bag has a ton of character and is the perfect way to rep some of the awesome places we have in our beautiful city.
Terra Verde—Original Hardware Jewelry (ranges, from $40-250)
- Terra Verde is my favorite local boutique for beautifully unique jewelry finds. Original Hardware, a local Colorado jeweler, makes the coolest hip and handcrafted jewelry combining sterling silver with leather, jewels, and touches of other metals. The designs are versatile and easily go with almost anything. My current Original Hardware necklace is my go-to piece for any outfit from running errands to a date night out, and I have been dreaming of owning another piece for over a year now. Original Hardware offers originally designed necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings and more.
ERBN Boutique—Live Beautifully’s Almond & Vanilla Whipped Lip Butter ($5)
- ERBN Boutique in OCC features a variety of awesome, handmade in Colorado, cosmetic products & soaps. My favorite brand to check out each time I am in the shop is Live Beautifully, who creates and offers natural lip butters, body butters, deodorant, face serums and more. Their scents are SMELL-SO-GOOD-YOU-CAN-TASTE-IT good, and my favorite is the Almond & Vanilla Whipped Lip Butter.
Kristal's Wish List
Salus Bath and Body —Aspen Soap Lavender Vanilla ($7)
- I discovered this awesome shop in Manitou one day while wandering and it has been my favorite spot for bath products ever since! They no longer have the beer infused soap I first fell in love with, but they have so many to choose from. I have my eyes on the Aspen Lavender Vanilla as my next purchase. The bars have luxurious lather and they last forever. Don’t forget to grab a mesh sleeve as it is great for keeping your soap in the shower. Their bath bombs are also a favorite!
Anna’s Apothecary — Face Wash ($10)
- I could spend hours in this store checking out everything, but the product that keeps me coming back is their face wash. It is a kaolin clay based powder that I have come to love. My skin is left feeling baby soft and the scent of rose and lavender is relaxing. The oats and almonds add gentle exfoliation. It is also free of chemicals which is a plus in my book!
Switchback Coffee Roasters — Golden Age Blend ($16)
- One of my favorite gifts is the gift of time to linger over coffee with a good book. So it is no surprise that coffee would be on my list! Switchback Coffee Roasters is a dreamy space inside as well as out on their patio. I love getting an almond milk latte and a pastry when I visit. Their gluten free breakfast sandwich is delicious. I could sit there for hours! Their coffee is roasted on site and can also be purchased online (shop). It is thoughtfully curated and roasted to perfection. Good coffee is definitely something I love and don’t always buy for myself.
Megology — Hand Dyed Silk Scarf in Purple ($40)
- These make great statement accessories and I love local entrepreneur Megan’s message of self-advocacy. The dye process is unique and beautiful. I love to use mine as a quick way to dress up an outfit. The online shop is full of items that would make great gifts for anyone on your list: onesies, throw pillow covers, men’s ties!
More Local Faves
ROCKY MOUNTAIN SOAP MARKET
Merrily Mint Collection
Cinnamon Streusel Creamer DIY Kit
FOX & JANE
Salon Gift Card
RADIANTLY RAW CHOCOLATE
Dairy Free: No Moo Mylk Box