An estimated 35% of emergency room visits could be treated faster and more affordably at an urgent care clinic. UCHealth Urgent Cares bridge the challenge of seeing a primary physician on short notice with a lower cost alternative to an ER visit.
- We see patients of all ages.
- We’re open seven days a week and have extended hours.
- We have x-ray and lab services on-site.
- We accept most insurances, including Tricare, Medicaid and Medicare
- We offer convenient, affordable access to school and sports physicals.
- You can reserve your spot online by visiting uchealth.org/urgent-care and selecting the location you would like to visit. You can then click on the “reserve your spot” link to reserve your spot in line. This is a great way to minimize your wait at the clinic.
All of our Urgent Cares in Colorado Springs are certified. The Certified Urgent Care designation means our locations offer the same services, like onsite x-ray, during all hours of operation. Our urgent care clinics can do IVs, and overall have more equipment and medications on hand for patient care. All of our facilities have onsite x-ray and the results are read by a radiologist. A referral to a specialist for further treatment of broken bones or fractures can also be placed if needed.
Emergency Room or Urgent Care?
If you or your child are sick or injured, it can be hard to tell if you should go to an urgent care or an ER. The guidelines below can help you decide which is the best facility to get you or your child treated. Always call 911 immediately if someone is unconscious, having trouble breathing, has a serious injury or may be having a heart attack.
If the illness or injury is something you’d normally see your family doctor for but you can’t get an appointment right away or it’s after hours, urgent care is the right choice.
- Animal bites
- Colds and flu
- Cuts and scrapes
- Minor burns
- Sprains, strains or possible broken bones
- Sore throats, coughs, ear infections, fever, flu symptoms
- Worker’s compensation injuries
If the illness or injury seems more critical than something you’d see your family doctor for, or if you need care in the middle of the night, go to the nearest emergency room.
- Chest pain or other heart attack symptoms – call 911 immediately
- Complex fractures or bones protruding through the skin
- Head injuries or a sudden, very severe headache or loss of vision (could be the sign of a stroke)
- Intoxication, overdose, or attempted suicide
- Serious lacerations, severe bleeding, poisoning
Here is what our contributors have to say about their experiences at UCHealth Urgent Cares.
“I visited the UCHealth Urgent Care-Garden of the Gods location for after hours medical attention, and received wonderful care! I called ahead of time to check that they could accept my insurance coverage, and the receptionist offered to put my name down to reserve an appointment time. This was a huge comfort and help, as I was feeling very sick and wasn’t looking forward to waiting in the typical Urgent Care wait time. This is especially appreciated as a mother, when time spent in a waiting room with children isn’t the easiest. The facility was exceptionally clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating. I left feeling well cared for and had all my questions answered. I will definitely be going back to UCHealth Urgent Care-Garden of the Gods location in the future as my family needs their services.”
“UCHealth did a great job when I needed them desperately. There’s nothing worse than a sick child that you can’t get in to see the doctor. We were seen quickly, the care we received was excellent (caring and efficient-the best thing for a mom with a really sick kiddo!), and we were quickly on our way with a diagnosis and a treatment plan. I’ve been to more than a few Urgent Care offices over the years, and after the care that I received I always recommend UCHealth to my friends in need.”
UCHealth has five convenient urgent care locations in the Colorado Springs area.
UCHealth Urgent Care – Circle Square
Address: 2767 Janitell Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Hours: Open seven days a week, 8 am – 8 pm
*Sports physicals are not offered at the Circle Square location at this time.
Online reservations are not available at this location.