We are thankful to Pure Barre Colorado Springs for providing this sponsored post. But the thoughts & feelings are our own and we only share companies that we personally know & love!
I’m an avid workout fanatic. By avid, I really mean that I get bored with my workout routine quickly, so I’m always looking for ways to switch things up. I have done everything from running half marathons and even one marathon, to Body Pump, to trying Crossfit, OrangeTheory Fitness, to most recently following a prep program which is tailored to heavy lifting.
My fitness journey has evolved over the years, but in college, after gaining about 50 pounds, I found myself at a size 14. During my senior year, I transformed my habits and lifestyle. I learned how to eat right, use supplements, and started to add in exercise. It took work, but I lost weight. After having two babies, my healthy lifestyle is ever changing as a mom.
I definitely want to stay healthy and active for my family. But, I admit, it is harder to stay motivated, find the time to work out, and see results as I feel my aging metabolism slowing down. I’ve been wanting to try Pure Barre for some time, and I finally got the chance to.
Here are my top 5 reasons you should try Pure Barre:
- Intense But at the same time, low impact. I was surprised at how fast paced the hour long workout is, and it is hard the whole time. The movements are small and continuous, but my heart rate was up quickly, stayed up and I was out of breath. I could feel fatigue in my muscles within the first 5 minutes of class, but it wasn’t nearly the same impact as running or a HIIT workout with a lot of jumping. My joints loved Pure Barre.
- Posture My posture is anything but great, especially when I have a toddler hanging off one hip and a 10 lb diaper bag off the opposite shoulder. I loved the barre work and all the mirrors to really focus on my body and how my posture should be. I needed a lot of correction and refining in the moves, but it was good for me. I have carried an awareness of my posture (and the muscles that support good posture) with me through the week.
- ABS Holy Abs. The last 20 minutes of class consisted of my abs shaking through my tank top. Like really shaking. Whoa. I have no idea what move I was even doing to work the abs that hard. The day after the workout, I tried to get out of bed. Key word – tried. My abs have been sore for 4 days. It hurts to sneeze and cough and I love it. I can’t remember the last time a workout has left my midsection that sore. My 6 pack has not appeared YET, but I’m sure if I was consistent with these classes (and eating clean) I would see them soon. Our midsections go through so much when we create little humans, and this workout feels like a great target to recoup some (or all) of what may have been lost.
- Coaching I have done the normal gym routine a lot on my own. I like to workout, I like to push myself. But I’m also super easy on myself when the kids have been sick, I’ve been without my husband for a few days or I’m just plain tired. I loved having an Instructor in the class who was really more like my personal coach. The class size was smaller – maybe 12-15 ladies, and 2 of us were taking the class for the first time. Our instructor was Griffin, who is also the owner. Griffin moved though the entire class after quick demonstrations of each move. She corrected form and posture, helped me remember to tuck my tailbone, and really paid attention to the form of each lady in class. I know I pushed myself harder and did each move much better (though not perfect) because I had a coach encouraging and guiding me through the workout.
- A Tribe of Women Moms, we all need a tribe. I’m not sure where you find your tribe, but it isn’t always easy. The women in the class were chatting amongst friends about their week. Maybe they were friends prior to starting at Pure Barre, or maybe they found their tribe in their classes. Having women that encourage and lift you up is so important as you journey through motherhood, and I think it is especially important in your health journey. I loved that there was a rather large age range of women in this 9:15 am class on a Thursday morning. It takes time and effort to build relationships, but it is always worth it.
Summer is a great time to try a new workout class or routine. If it is crazy at your house like it sometimes is at mine, quietly slip out the door for an early or mid morning class, or RUN out of the house before dinner time. Take time to focus on you and get rejuvenated.
We are making it easier than ever to take the plunge and give Pure Barre a whirl. Our local Colorado Springs Pure Barre is giving away 2 weeks of unlimited classes ($50 value)!! Head over to our Facebook Page HERE for more details and enter for your chance to WIN!
ABOUT PURE BARRE
Pure Barre is the fastest, most effective, yet safest way to change your body.
In just 55 minutes you will achieve a full-body workout concentrating on the areas women struggle with the most: hips, thighs, seat, abdominals and arms. The Pure Barre technique is low-impact, protecting your joints by avoiding any bouncing or jumping. Each strength section of the workout is followed by a stretching section in order to create long, lean muscles without bulk. The technique works to defy gravity by tapering everything in and lifting it up!
The concentration involved while taking Pure Barre allows you to block “life” out for the hour, creating the mental benefits similarly obtained by the practice of yoga or meditation. A transformed body and a clear head in just one hour—it doesn’t get much better than this.